Singer-songwriter Kara Elizabeth DioGuardi was born on December 9, 197- in Ossining, New York. She is well known in the music industry, where she worked as composer, music publisher and A&R executive. She also rose to fame as the fourth judge of American Idol, appearing on seasons 8 and 9. Before that, she was a judge on The One: Making a Music Star and later became the head judge for Bravo’s reality competition Platinum Hit.
As a child, Kara DioGuardi was educated at the Ummaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School. She later continued studying at The Masters School and later received her degree in political science from Duke University. Since then, she worked at Billboard magazine and started her music career. Many of her songs have been featured on movies and television shows. She also worked with famous artists like Pink, Carrie Underwood, Meat Loaf, Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, and Christina Aguilera.
- She is of Italian and Albanian Descent
- She used to be a judge on a show that only reached the thousands and was cancelled called "The One: Making The Music Star" before she became known for being on 'American Idol'.
- She is also a songwriter.
- She is the cousin of Regis Philbin.
- She lived with Paula Abdul briefly and was said to be a sleepwalke.r
- She is a member of a band called Platinum Weird, but it wasn't very successful/
- She works with a non-profit charity called Phoneix House. It helps stop substance abuse.
She married general contracter Mike Mccudy when they met in Maine.