The daughter of actor Russ Tamblyn, Amber Tamblyn began acting when she was ten years old. She got her first major role in 1995, joining the cast of the daytime soap General Hospital; she won a YoungStar Award for her performance in 2000. Other early roles include a stint in the pilot episode of the revived The Twilight Zone and the films Rebellious and Live Nude Girls.
Tamblyn's best known role came in 2003, when she took the lead in the CBS series Joan of Arcadia. The show only ran for two seasons, but earned her a Saturn Award and nominations for an Emmy and a Golden Globe. In 2005, she starred in the film The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants; she would return to the sequel in 2008. She also appeared in horror flicks such as The Ring and The Grudge 2.
Tamblyn returned to television in 2009 with the short-lived ABC series The Unusuals. She then joined the cast of the Fox series House, as medical student Martha Masters. She has also written several collections of poetry, and has participated in readings across California.
- She has been in two movies that were remakes of Japanese movies: The Ring and The Grudge 2.
- YoungStar Award, Best Young Actress (Performance in a Daytime TV Series), 2000 (for General Hospital)
- Saturn Award, Best Actress in a Television Series, 2004 (for Joan of Arcadia)
- Locarno International Film Festival, Best Actress, 2006 (for Stephanie Daley)
- Rebellious (1995)
- Live Nude Girls (1995)
- The Ring (2002)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)
- Stephanie Daley (2006)
- The Grudge 2 (2006)
- Spiral (2007)
- Normal Adolescent Behavior (2007)
- Blackout (2008)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008)
- Spring Breakdown (2009)
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (2009)
- 127 Hours (2010)
- Main Street (2010)
- General Hospital (regular, 1995-2001)
- Joan of Arcadia (regular, 2003-2005)
- The Unusuals (regular, 2009)
- House (recurring, 2010-2011)
"Wrinkles, soft faces, older faces are signs of wisdom, which is the greatest sign of beauty."
"The idea that someone like Britney Spears is a role model for teenage girls is kind of sad and horrifying. Britney is the epitome of a nonartist. She has nothing to offer but her T&A."
On the cancellation of Joan of Arcadia: "I'd rather be a on a good show that only runs two years than on a dumb show that's a hit for like eight years, which is usually the case these days."