season 9

So excited for season nine , I hold great hope that it is as good as the routines I have seen tonight .
Message |  Wave Agree (0) | Disagree (0)
I'm really pulling for Alexa since they gave her such a hard time. I hope she gets stronger and stronger. It will be interesting to see how Cyrus will do with other genres. He can do some incredible moves with his body, but can he bring it to other dance as well? I hope so!
I was so excited when I originally heard their plans for season 9, but have become disenchanted. I thought it would be exciting to see new people do some of the classic routines, but when I heard Nigels critiques I was so disappointed. As a professional and a judge there was no excuse for him not being able to judge these dancers rather than not being able to erase the original dancer from his memory. To compare these new, unique dancers to the dancer or originally did the dance and to state that the original dancer did it better was inexcusible. Yes, Stitch is fantastic and I love watching him, but a judge should be able to forget what Stitch did and judge this dancer. The only judges that should have had a vote on that show was the two Ballet Guys that didn't even know who Stitch or any of the former season dancers were. Then this weeks episode I did not have a problem as this years dancers danced with the stars from prior years. Their comments were more appropriate and they seemed to be judging the correct dancers.
Message |  Wave Agree (1) | Disagree (0)
I agree! If they wanted repeat performances from past shows, then they can't critique it by saying the former dancers for that routine was better. But I think Nigel actually said that the dancer that did the dance from Twitch's dance was BETTER than Twitch, which shocked me! But you can't erase a routine from your mind that was previously done, and NOT compare it. So for that, it was unfair of the judges to do so. But as usual, I'm thoroughly enjoying the show! But I do have another critique about the judges. Some of the judges they are getting are so boring! It seems those that are ballet pros have NO pizazz, and add nothing to it. I think they should keep Christina Applegate and the other funny guy.... with the red beard... what's his name again? :)
Reply to the topic

News from our partners