So Ellen Pompeo will leave at the end of her contract in two years (end of season 7), would you watc

if she leaves the show then it will not be worth watching any longer.
Message |  Wave Agree (2) | Disagree (1)
I love Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey and she will be missed on the show. But so long as the writers keep to the same format, bring in new interns for Lexie and the rest of her class now that they are residents and start focussing on new characters/interns. At the very beginning of the series Chief Webber gives a speech basically telling the audience that the show/series will run for 7 years. So we'll have Cristina, Alex, Meredith and Izzie all either leaving once their 7 year surgical residanacy is over, they will then be attendings ready to torture/teach new interns, maybe have flashbacks to when they were interns, and see how much they have grown as surgeons. There is room for the series to go on long after the main characters have left, that's why we have seen Seattle Grace and Mercy West merge, so when main characters leave they can focus on the new characters and watch there friendships develop.
Message |  Wave Agree (0) | Disagree (0)
The format of the show is already changing they're turning it into a more ER style show! Which means there will be more comings and goings of cast members over the next few years! I really think they should end the show when Ellen goes, I imagine a lot of viewers wont be sticking around for the post Meredith Greys Greys!
I don't know. I mean, I realize it started out as Meredith being the title character, but I can't say she is my "favorite" character. And there is still Lexie, if she does leave, so it isn't like there won't be ANY Greys left. And I really think that the show has become much more than the title anyway.
If she leaves the show, I will not watch. It is enough hard without Izzie
Message |  Wave Agree (2) | Disagree (0)
Hell no she can't leave she the name sake of the show, it wouldn't be the same without her!!
There is no Grey's Anatomy without the original GREY. Hell No I will not watch......
Message |  Wave Agree (1) | Disagree (0)
Ouch. No Meredith Grey on Grey's Anatomy... it would be tough.. I'm used to hearing her voice narrating the show. Her character has grown a lot since the beginning, so it hasn't really been so much about her anymore.. I will still watch it and see how it will work out without her. As long as the writers keeps us entertain with other characters, I'll be okay. I've survived losing Izzie and George :-)
This is a very tough question to answer as a fan, but after 7 seasons maybe it's time for it to end as much as i LOVE the show and anticipate thursday like it is christmas. But really how can the story line progress without the key character, she will be missed. The show might lose a lot of viewers because they will think think that it is just not the same because really it isn't going to be. How long can a show continue? After all even if my heart will be broken. All good things come to an END . :(
I will watch it but i will not like it, surely she wont leave!!!
Reply to the topic

News from our partners