On The Tomorrow People
, Cara is caught between her relationship with John and her connection with the new recruit, Stephen. It's even more complicated with Stephen working with Ultra against John's wishes. Will Cara be able to maintain relationships with both? Will she have to chose between the new guy and the known one?
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
I recently visited the show's sets in Vancouver and walked through the various sets (check out photos below) and interviewed the cast. Peyton List spoke with reporters about Cara's relationships with both Stephen and John, the show's fight scenes, and the team's thoughts on Stephen's extraordinary powers.
Peyton List interview
Highlights from the interview:
- The relationship with Stephen is new, but not a one way street. She's in a relationship with someone else which complicates it. There's a connection with him.
- Cara knows "of" Astrid from being in Stephen's head. She supports him being able to maintain his "human" life unlike the other Tomorrow People. She doesn't interfere in his personal life.
- Cara has a "guarded, wall-up, bad-ass side that is her way of dealing with the circumstances she's in."
- There is a vulnerable side to her too. "She's just another girl."
- The fight scenes are technical because they use teleporting often in them. List enjoys that. "It's cool too because it's a different kind of fighting."
- The power to see into someone's mind also allows them to block it and prevent someone from seeing their emotions. They can hold back and be guarded just like a human, if they want.
- Cara only knows what John lets her see about him and what he knows and feels about Ultra.
- "It did kinda throw them how strong [Stephen's] abilities worked so quickly in breaking out."
- They don't know what to do with all of Stephen's abilities, though they will find a way to use his ability to stop time to help them.
- They don't fear Stephen's powers, but they are "slightly apprehensive about what that could mean for [them.]"
The Tomorrow People airs on Wednesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss The Tomorrow People! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image courtesy of the CW / Video: Carla Day)