That's right, Teresa Giudice, the table toppling, outspoken Real Housewives of New Jersey star, has a book on the bestseller list. Who knew?
I suppose all the people who have bought her book so far knew it was a big hit. But the rest of us are just now finding out about it. I think it's interesting that another "housewife", Bethenny Frankel has a cookbook called Skinny Girl Dish. Now Teresa's book is entitled Skinny Italian. I guess Housewives like the word "skinny."
Teresa's book promises to teach us all how to enjoy Italian food, while remembering these rules:
- Substitute tedious meal plans with simple, flavorful recipes
- Choose fresh, flavorful ingredients instead of counting calories
- Slow down and enjoy a faster metabolism
- Replace starvation with celebration by adopting an Italian attitude to cooking, eating, and entertaining
- Love food, love eating, and still love your body afterward
This sounds like a terrific idea for a cookbook. And I'm happy for Real Housewife Teresa for enjoying her own success.