Derek and Argent have had a tough time so far in Teen Wolf
's fourth season. Derek might be losing his powers, and Argent has now lost his entire family. It only makes sense that the hunter and the werewolf would bond, at least over their mutual hate of Kate Argent.
Teen Wolf is available on Amazon Prime.
BuddyTV was lucky enough to sit down with actors Tyler Hoechlin and JR Bourne at San Diego Comic Con 2014 to talk about what's coming next for their characters, and whether or not Derek will become a victim of the dead pool.
'Teen Wolf' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 5 Renewal, Shirtless Derek and More >>
Watch the full video interview and check below for some highlights:
- Will Derek get his powers back? It's something he's never dealt with since he's had his powers his whole life. He has to figure out who he is without his powers.
- Hoechlin really related to Derek's struggle, since he went through something similar when he stopped playing baseball.
- Hoechlin loves working with JR Bourne and he thinks Derek and Argent have gone through a lot of similar things in their lives and can really identify with each other.
- The trailer showed a little steamy action between Derek and mercenary Braeden. What are the odds she'll also turn out to be a serial killer? "Judging on history, probably pretty good," Hoechlin laughed. "Hopefully this one turns out a little bit better." We'll have to wait to see what's in store for them.
- JR Bourne joins the table and the two start joking around. "We can't hide the disdain we have for each other," Bourne said.
- Things get really crazy for Argent in the next few episodes. He's formed a lot of connections in Beacon Hills in the last few years, which is why he came back.
- What's going to happen when they both see Kate Argent again, seeing as how they both have such long histories with her? "We both hate her," Hoechlin said.
- "If Derek and Argent could just sit down and have a glass of bourbon or a glass of whiskey and just talk about Kate it would be the most epic hate conversation," Hoechlin said.
- "What were you thinking?" Bourne imagined Argent would ask Derek. Bourne also said he has a whole back story in his head about how annoying a little sister Kate was.
- "She has not been easy. Talk about the pesky sister," Bourne said. "You have your pesky sister syndrome, now imagine one with a gun."
- Hoechlin thinks 20 episodes is a good number of for season five, and thinks it will give them a little more time to focus on each episode compared to 24 in season three.
What do you think? Is Derek really losing his powers? Will Argent survive? And do you like the idea of Derek and Braeden? Share your theories in the comments!
Teen Wolf's fourth season airs Mondays at 10pm on MTV.
(Image courtesy of Sarah Boyce)