Sam Winchester has been having a good year. Sure, it started off pretty badly -- almost going insane, fighting Leviathans and then losing his brother to Purgatory. But then the year in between Supernatural season 7 and Supernatural season 8 was good.
So how will Sam adjust to a new season with new trouble? Jared Padalecki shared a few clues during an interview on the set of Supernatural (visit courtesy of Warner Bros.).
WARNING: There may be a few small Supernatural spoilers in this video or in the commentary. Hopefully, you will not be overly traumatized when you find them. We accept no responsibility if you are.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
To see and hear the whole interview (or at least the 8 minute segment captured here), click play below:
If you don't want to watch the whole Jared Padalecki interview video, here are the things you most need to know:
- What is the Sam's new relationship like? "Pretty steamy" is Jared Padalecki's response (but we hope he is in fact joking about 50 Shades of Gray).
- In the first part of Supernatural season 8, we will mostly see Sam's relationship via flashbacks.
- Jared Padalecki calls himself "a fan-girl of the show" who initially freaked out at the thought of Sam having a girlfriend.
- Sam will not be interested or willing to jump back into the monster-hunting life.
- "There's nothing holding Sam back from a normal life." For the first time on Supernatural, Sam is completely alone with all of his Hunter allies just plain gone.
- Did Jared actually catch that fly? Probably not.
- "Sam's kind of the adult in this reconciliation." Dean isn't going to take that very well.
- Jared Padalecki does a surprisingly good and understated Dean impression just after the 6:00 mark.
- Sam's attitude in this season seems to be about just helping Dean so he has to.
Will Sam actually be able to stay out of the Hunter lifestyle? It seems unlikely, but we will find out in the upcoming year. Supernatural
season 8 airs Wednesdays at 9pm on The CW.(Images courtesy of The CW)