What would happen if Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman found themselves transported to a modern day Sleepy Hollow? That's the premise of the FOX's new fall drama, Sleepy Hollow. And, surprisingly there's no time travel involved.
FOX has released a behind the scenes look at their new drama that's described by the creator as having action, suspense horror, and even some fun.
Check out this video preview in which co-creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and cast members introduce the premise of their new show with footage from the pilot episode.
Highlights from the preview:
- Sleepy Hollow is based on the Washington Irving short story. The creators wanted to stay true to the story's mythology while putting their own spin on it.
- Ichabod Crane and the Horseman faced off in the Revolutionary War and that's when they met and initially faced each other.
- "What do you do when you shot someone and they don't stay down? You cut off their head." - Kurtzman
- Ichabod Crane was left dying in a field, but reawakens 250 years later in the present day. The same thing happens to the Headless Horseman.
- Crane wakes up and in the pilot viewers will watch as he figures out what happened and how he got to the present day.
- Crane's wife, Katrina was a witch and she put a spell on him. He has no idea how it happened.
- Detective Abbie Mills is a young woman who has believed her whole life that she's destined for greater things. She has a dark past and is validated when Crane shows up. She needs his help, but doesn't believe his story initially.
- It's a scary, but fun show. "Obviously there's a lot of eye candy, and spectacle and humor in the show that everyone can expect week-to-week, but it has to feel like it's grounded in an emotional reality." - Kurtzman
Will you be tuning in to check out Sleepy Hollow? What aspect of the show intrigues you the most?
Sleepy Hollow premieres on Monday, September 16 at 9 pm ET on FOX.