What would happen if Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman found themselves transported to a modern day Sleepy Hollow? That's the premise of the FOX's new fall drama, Sleepy Hollow. And, surprisingly there's no time travel involved.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
FOX has released a behind the scenes look at their new drama that's described by the creator as having action, suspense horror, and even some fun.
Check out this video preview in which co-creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and cast members introduce the premise of their new show with footage from the pilot episode.
Highlights from the preview:
- Sleepy Hollow is based on the Washington Irving short story. The creators wanted to stay true to the story's mythology while putting their own spin on it.
- Ichabod Crane and the Horseman faced off in the Revolutionary War and that's when they met and initially faced each other.
- "What do you do when you shot someone and they don't stay down? You cut off their head." - Kurtzman
- Ichabod Crane was left dying in a field, but reawakens 250 years later in the present day. The same thing happens to the Headless Horseman.
- Crane wakes up and in the pilot viewers will watch as he figures out what happened and how he got to the present day.
- Crane's wife, Katrina was a witch and she put a spell on him. He has no idea how it happened.
- Detective Abbie Mills is a young woman who has believed her whole life that she's destined for greater things. She has a dark past and is validated when Crane shows up. She needs his help, but doesn't believe his story initially.
- It's a scary, but fun show. "Obviously there's a lot of eye candy, and spectacle and humor in the show that everyone can expect week-to-week, but it has to feel like it's grounded in an emotional reality." - Kurtzman
Will you be tuning in to check out Sleepy Hollow? What aspect of the show intrigues you the most?
Sleepy Hollow premieres on Monday, September 16 at 9 pm ET on FOX.