Revolution season 2 is coming to a close with "The Big Four" episodes. The battle against the Patriots is ahead! As the season ends, each character will be faces with difficult choices to make.
Elizabeth Mitchell (Rachel) and Executive Producer Rockne S. O'Bannon attended Wondercon earlier this month and sat down for interviews to talk about what's coming up the rest of the season. Check out the video interviews and highlights below.
Executive Producer Rockne S. O'Bannon
Highlights from the interview:
- The last 4 episodes are referred to "The Big Four." Everything comes to a head as the season ends.
- All the characters go through something life changing. Charlie killed Jason and that sets her on a course. "It's a curious change in her which you don't necessarily expect."
- Miles has a very significant life changing event next. Rachel is a "lightning rod" of events in both the nanotech and Patriot storylines.
- First two minutes "S#!& Happens,"Miles says that they have to get Neville before he gets them.
- Neville's lost his son, but he always took Jason for granted. And now he's gone. He was driven by family most of the season and that's now gone. He's alone. He'll spin back into a villain character.
- Is Jason dead? They do have the nanotech, but they are careful to use it. JD Pardo has been back to the set. How he fits into the last 4 episodes is essential to story being told.
- The Patriots may their "ultimate play" by the end of the season and it's in Willouby. If they take down the Patriots, there is an infrastructure there to use which would make it easier for Monroe to take power.
- This season was about a Miles that was torn between his family and wanting to just bow out. He's set on a course that will be difficult for him to adhere to, but he'll try. It's a "renewed Miles."
- Nanotech is huge over the last few episodes. It's been studying mankind. It finds humankind lacking. It suspects its creator is less than it is.
Elizabeth Mitchell Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- Rachel is a catalyst of change. She's down a road about people finding their conscious.
- Mitchell's father is upset that Rachel's finding her moral center. Rachel's going to try to get people to go down a good road.
- Mitchell doesn't have much input into the character. She believes that the writer's vision is important. If she doesn't think something flows well, she'll call and make a suggestion. She doesn't ask much.
- "Rachel is a terrible mother."
- Charlie doesn't lean on her mother after killing Jason. There is a cathartic moment coming up for Charlie. It doesn't involve Rachel though.
- Rachel offers support, but she's like a dead beat dad. She provides a net for Charlie to fall if she needs it.
- "It's hard to lean on a screwdriver, though, so we'll see."
- "It involves a long walk and knocking on a door. That's all I can say." - regarding Rachel's involvement with the nano story.
- She doesn't know about season 3, but the producers are excited for it. The end of season 2, sets up for the next season. "It's very Stephen King. ... Maybe Book 3 The Dark Tower."
- The group does get back together again.
- Rachel and Neville don't have as many scenes together as she'd like. There was a big scene cut between them in season 1.
Revolution airs Wednesdays at 8 pm ET on NBC.
(Image courtesy of NBC / Video: Carla Day)