Because it's summer and summer is the time for blockbusters, it's time to recommend another blockbuster film for must-see movie of the week. With its massive robots and monsters, Pacific Rim
looks like an epic film to see this weekend.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Here is the official synopsis of the film from the film's official website:
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes - a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) - who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
Check out the film's exciting preview:
Here are a few highlights from the trailer that got me excited to see the film:
- The first time the Kaiju make their appearance.
- The images of people reacting to the Kaiju, especially the little girl and the group of people holding hands.
- Five words: From Director Guillermo del Toro.
- The sound as the Jaegers went live for the first time. Something tells me that scene is going to be amazing in a theater.
- Flashing from the pilots walking in their little control room, to the Jaegers walking through the city.
- The Jaegers walking through the ocean. Like bosses.
- A pilot facing down a Kaiju, without his Jaeger.
- "Today we are cancelling the Apacolypse!"
- The pilots using an ocean liner as a weapon. That was unreal.
The word "massive" barely seems to cover what this film looks like it will be in a theater. When your good guys and your monsters go to battle using full-size ships as weapons, you've got a big film. If you're looking for a nice, relaxing movie for your quiet summer vacation - this is not the one for you. But if you're looking for a blockbuster movie full of fun and special effects, Pacific Rim looks like it will fit the bill perfectly.
Image courtesy of Warner Bros.