This week it's time to take step away from all of the summer action movies and talk about a comedy. When a trailer is packed with laugh-out-loud moments, chances are that the movie is going to be a good one and that's how I feel about The Heat.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Here is the official synopsis of the film from Movie Insider:
Uptight FBI Special Agent Sarah Ashburn (Sandra Bullock) and foul-mouthed Boston cop Shannon Mullins (Melissa McCarthy) couldn't be more incompatible. But when they join forces to bring down a ruthless drug lord, they become the last thing anyone expected: buddies.
Check out the film's hilarious preview below.
WARNING: Foul language ahead, proceed at your own risk
Here are a few highlights from the preview that got me excited to see the movie, mostly because they all made me laugh my head off.
- "What is she doing?" - She's looking for my balls
- The slapfight.
- Mullins walking in and throwing a phone book at a suspect.
- Ashburn sliding on the ground on her butt.
- "Don't do slang. It's like watching a nun make out, it's uncomfortable."
- The unique greeting that Mullins gets from her mom.
- Mullins finding a sure-fire way to get permission to use a cell phone in a hospital.
- The girls dancing... at least I think that was dancing.
- Mullins fainting at the sight of Ashburn's blood.
The Heat looks like it will be a nice break from all of the testosterone-packed movies that will come out this summer. Though it promises some action (the ladies do play law enforcement officers after all), it also promises tons of laughs. There's something to be said for a buddy-comedy-cop movie starring two women, but I think that this one should appeal to more than just the ladies.
Image courtesy of 20th Century Fox