Nashville returned from a short hiatus this week with an episode that saw most of the characters taking steps forward in their lives. Earlier this month, BuddyTV spoke to stars Clare Bowen and Jonathan Jackson about the challenges their characters are going to face the rest of this season.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Check out our exclusive interview with Clare Bowen below.
In the interview, Bowen spoke to us about how she and Scarlet had similar fears of microphones, and how she had to learn to listen to her own voice in a whole new way.
Here are a few things we learned in the interview:
- Scarlett always wanted to sing, but was afraid of microphones -- as was Bowen herself.
- Scarlett getting brave enough to step behind the microphone is a hint to where can go as a character.
- A huge explosion is waiting to happen with Scarlet, and all of the characters, in the rest of this season.
- Bowen is proud to be part of a show that portrays the city of Nashville so accurately.
- Bowen loves the big hair and sparkles of Nashville.
- Bowen is a classically trained singer and working on the set of Nashville has been a whole new experience for her.
- Bowen thought that her voice sounded strange at first when singing in a new way, but she soon learned to listen differently and enjoy the new sound.
- Bowen says the show is heading in places that are "mind-blowing" as we get closer to the season finale.
Next up, check out our exclusive interview with Jonathan Jackson below.
In the nterview, Jackson talks about the challenges that Avery is going through now that Scarlett's career has started to take off and his own has moved into a different direction.
Here are a few things we know from the interview:
- It has been hard on Avery to see Scarlett getting the success that he's worked so hard to try and get.
- Avery thought he was dating the one person in Nashville not looking for a singing career.
- Avery loves Scarlett but her success was a blow to his ego and he couldn't handle the self-doubt that her success reflected back on him.
What do you think now that you've heard from Nashville stars Clare Bowen and Jonathan Jackson about their characters and what's coming in the rest of this season? Which character's story are you most looking forward to seeing as the season continues?
Nashville airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm on ABC.
Want to add Nashville
to your very own watch-list? Download BuddyTV Guide for free
for your phone.
(Image courtesy of ABC)