What better way to celebrate the spookiest of holidays than with Modern Family! I mean, sure, they're not exactly scary most of the time. In fact, one might call Modern Family wholesome entertainment.
Or is it??? This new video, a trailer for a Modern Family-themed horror movie called Fizbo substitutes all that wholesome fun with bloody, horrific gore. And it does it using only scenes from the ABC comedy.
WARNING: If you have an unnatural fear of clowns and/or documentary-style comedies, you should probably not watch this Modern Family video. We wouldn't want to scar you for life or anything.
I suppose we shouldn't be all that surprised that Modern Family is easily reworked into a horror flick. They say that tragedy underlies most comedy, after all. And horror is only a single, twisted step away from tragedy.
Plus, Modern Family has a clown. Everyone knows that clowns are evil. With this trailer for Fizbo, we finally have proof. Check out the video below.
- Jay's lovely house makes a great death house when you have a creepy voiceover and glitch footage.
- Every neighbor is like family. It's almost like they are family...
- The scene in which Mitchell wakes up to Fizbo was actually kind of terrifying in the original context.
- Of course they have footage of the girls screaming and Luke covered in blood.
- Add some music to the footage of Cam putting on his clown makeup, and it is believable footage of a psycho killer getting ready for a night on the town.
- Come to think of it, everyone on **Modern Family tends to scream a lot.
- "I'm the ass-kickin' clown that'll twist you like a balloon animal!"
- Trick... or die! Has no horror film used that tag line before? That just doesn't seem right.
Modern Family airs Wednesdays at 9pm on ABC. It's usually not quite this scary. Usually...
(Images and video courtesy of ABC)