In the Homeland premiere, Carrie got back into the field and Brody was forced to choose between his loyalty to the United States and his loyalty to Abu Nazir. In episode 2, "Beirut is Back," Carrie goes off-plan, which causes the CIA to question her involvement, while Brody has to make a split-second life-or-death decision about which side he will support.
Showtime has released a sneak peek video for season 2. Beware it does contain some Homeland
spoilers. Most of the footage is from this Sunday's "Back in Beirut" with a few clips from later episodes.
A few highlights from the video:
- Carrie takes off on her own in Beirut and uses a brick to knock out one of her pursuers.
- Jessica continues to be concerned about Brody's praying and religious beliefs.
- Mike's back and he wants to investigate Walker's shooting. He thinks there is a conspiracy behind it.
- Carrie breaks down in front of Saul. She can't let what happened with Brody go.
- Brody meets with the bomb maker who gave him his suicide vest.
- The CIA finds Abu Nazir.
- Jessica and Mike begin to question Brody and believe he is hiding something.
- Carrie breaks down, "I have never been so sure and so wrong." (Such a heartbreaking line!)
- Carrie and Brody reunite.
The Emmy-winning Homeland writing team sat down for a discussion about both season 1 and season 2. They provide insight into their writing process, plot decisions and the direction for the series going forward.
Here are a few tidbits:
- Regarding Carrie: "Craziness is like her super power."
- They don't hold story ideas. They move the plot along quickly to surprise the viewers.
- Due to the time jump, "The Smile" was about showing where the characters were physically and emotionally.
- The writers discussed and had to come to a consensus what agreement Brody made with Abu Nazir.
- Carrie realizes the "toxicity" of her job, but misses it.
- People who serve in intelligence make sacrifices to protect the country.
Homeland can be seen next on Sunday, October 7th at 10 pm ET on Showtime.
(Photo and videos courtesy of Showtime)