Thanks to the show's fast-approaching return and all those juice-seeking reporters at the Golden Globes, there's a lot to cover in the Glee
-verse today. Want your Glee
news fast and loose (like Santana)? You're in the right place. So let's get right down to it!
- Remember how some Bieber songs are coming into the Glee mix this spring? The songs are "Baby" and "Somebody to Love." I have no idea what they sound like, having been a Bieber-abstainer since the Bieb-ginning (my ears, my choice), but maybe one of you Beliebers can tell me: Are those "good" song selections?
- Guns 'n Roses rejected Glee. Apparently Slash said "N-O" to letting the show cover their songs. And yet, the earth continues to turn. His quote about the show is pretty funny, even if you disagree: "Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough.... When Grease came out I was like, "Oh, c'mon, give me a break." Actually, I look at Grease now and think: Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art."
- Anne Hathaway will play Kurt's lesbian aunt. Will she be joined by Julie Andrews as Kurt's grandmother? Maybe not. Will she wear her new Catwoman suit? Probably not. Will you halfheartedly complain about how there are too many Glee guest stars but still be excited to see her on the show? Almost definitely. I mean, who doesn't love Anne Hathaway?
Glee is available on Amazon Prime.
- Quinn and Sam are going to break up soon because Ryan Murphy "got bored." And, in an effort to give just about EVERYTHING away, Murphy added this: "He starts dating Santana. He needs a little salsa spice." And so the revolving door of Glee relationships continues to turn at breakneck pace. Soon the only thing that will keep Murphy from getting bored with his show's fictional flings will be seeing Emma and Bieste get together. *Shudder*
- Speaking of flings: When she comes back, Gwyneth gets one when she returns as Holly Holiday. It's Will Schuester. No duh.
- Coach Bieste (Dot-Marie Jones) will make her Glee singing debut on the February 22 episode. The genre? "Honky tonk." As with Bieste herself, I expect it will start out kinda scary but end up kinda cute.
- Other songs coming up the Glee pipeline: Amber Riley and Lea Michele singing "Take Me or Leave Me" from Rent (it's a "diva-off"!) and Darren Criss singing "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney. Another McCartney song will pop up in the first six episodes of the spring as well. And in the upcoming Super Bowl ep, Brad Falchuk says there is "a huge Cheerios number which involves people with flaming whips and BMX bikers, which bother Sue Sylvester to no end."
- One last thing: Not a spoiler, unless you consider unbearable cuteness to be a spoiler. Jayma Mays and her adorable, accented husband chat about life with The Nest:
(Image courtesy of FOX)