In just a little more than a month (September 28!), we will begin the final season of Fringe. With the growth of the Bishop family and the coming of the Observers, it should be an impressive return. Get some clues about what we'll see in these three Fringe season 5 videos.
WARNING: While these videos are stylized and not likely to have much in the way of Fringe season 5 spoilers, I make no promises. Watch at your own risk.
Fringe is available on Amazon Prime.
The first video, simply titled "Etta," shows an idyllic scene in the not-so-distant future. Well, it's idyllic for awhile anyway.
- Even before we get to the idyll, there is a moment with Peter and Astrid looking over barbed wire. Not so good.
- Ella looks what? Five?
- Are the Observers coming for just Etta, or is this the full invasion? Also, will the family end up separated so soon? That's sad.
The second video is a full-on Fringe
teaser video. But it's always good to remember just how thoroughly menacing those Observers can be when they want to.
Although there isn't too much new here, this video does bring up one of the most burning of Fringe
questions: Why are there no female Observers? All of the ones we've seen are decidedly male, as evidenced by that nightclub scene in the flash-forward episode of season 4.
Did the Observers mess up their future world and
lose all of the women in the process? No wonder they're so grouchy...
You may have seen this final Fringe
video before, but it's worth another look no matter what. Shown first at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, this trailer gives a first glimpse at what might come in season 5.
Sure, most of it is old footage with dramatic title screens and scary music. But there are a couple of new bits to watch for.
- There seems to be a quick flash of Olivia in amber around the 1:26 mark.
- Not sure if the dramatic Peter-walks-down-the-escalator moment is new or not. It's not very important either way.
- It is a matter of some conjecture whether the scene in which Peter and Olivia talk about Etta will actually appear in Fringe season 5.
- "I think it's time we caused a few Fringe events of our own..." With that one line alone, season 5 sounds incredible.
- If Walter knows how to get rid of the Observers, what brain-altering obstacle will need to be put in his way?
season 5 will return for a final 13 episodes beginning on Friday, September 28 at 9pm on FOX.(Images and videos courtesy of FOX)