Walter Bishop is a man who can face apocalypses and alternate universes. But what is Walter going to do in Fringe season 5 when he has to face the future?
According to what John Noble says in this video interview, Walter Bishop is going to have a rough time in the upcoming final season.
Fringe is available on Amazon Prime.
If you saw the Fringe
season 5 premiere episode, you'll know that Walter is humanity's best hope to defeat the evil Observers who have taken over the planet. On a recent visit to the set of Fringe
(courtesy of the good people at Warner Bros.), John Noble talked to reporters about how his character will deal with the world of 2036.
It's going to be a big fight to get to the end of Fringe
, so get a glimpse of the future in this video.
Did you get all that? If you missed anything, here are some of the highlights:
- Nice how torture scenes are a lot of fun for actors to play.
- It just wouldn't seem right for Walter Bishop to be in his right mind for a whole season of Fringe. It also wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun.
- Does the food of the future get worse than egg sticks? No wonder the Observers have to be stopped!
- What sort of sugary treats might make it 21 years and still be edible? Twinkies? Red licorice (although it might break teeth)? Alas, I think we can rule out strawberry milkshakes as a food to make it so long.
- Would Walter have hidden more than candy? He will of course need some of his favorite drugs as well...
- Considering what Walter has done so far, there is a good chance that the man will not make it out of season 5 unscathed. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Walter met a heroic end.
- Could there be another "good" Observer like September? It doesn't sound like it.
What is Walter's fate? How will he beat the Observers? What do you want from Fringe
season 5? Leave your comments below!
The fifth and final season of Fringe
airs Fridays at 9pm on FOX. To get the latest news and more on Fringe
, use Twitter to follow BuddyTV
and Laurel Brown
(Images courtesy of FOX)