Is there anything more horrifying than high school? The peer pressure, the hormones, the boring classes... Most people are happy to get out and stay out of such a place. Judging from this Fairly Legal video clip from tonight's episode, "Teenage Wasteland," it's safe to say that Kate Reed never, ever wanted to go back to her alma mater.
Too bad for her. But entertaining for us!
In "Teenage Wasteland," Kate is hired by her old prep school to mediate between the school and an expelled student's family. Lauren gets involved as well, and she and Kate soon come into conflict over how to handle the case. Meanwhile, Ben and Justin also clash over a plea bargain. Could all of this conflict actually help Kate and Ben to work together?
The scene shown in this video doesn't tell us much about a Kate-Ben partnership, but it does give us a very clear picture of the prep-school case and of Kate's feelings about being back.
- Is it just me, or are these the most boring prep-school uniforms ever? Why couldn't they wear plaid?
- Did Kate win any of those trophies in the case? It seems unlikely. Maybe someone who picked on her won one.
- I don't get the impression that Kate and now-headmistress Olivia were the best of friends back in high school.
- "The facts of the situation are clear." No, that seems unlikely. Even if they are clear now, Kate is certain to muddle them in the search for truth.
- I would imagine that the parents of kids who attend an elite prep school would protest an expulsion. They would protest a lot.
- This scene is terribly awkward. I can see why Kate didn't fit in.
"Teenage Wasteland" airs on Friday, April 27 at 9pm on USA. If you can't wait that long for your Fairly Legal
fix, you can check in with GetGlue
to win a Fairly Legal
prize pack or you can enter to Win a Date with Kate
.(Image and video courtesy of USA)