For the eight couples who remain to compete on Dancing with the Stars season 13, things will be going seriously retro. It's '80s Week at Dancing with the Stars, a signal for (big) bad hair, rockin' pop music and a whole lot of cheesy jokes from Tom Bergeron. But what else can we expect?Monday Night
According to what ABC has let slip about the days to come, week 5 will feature special guests along the lines of The Bangles and Kelly Clarkson.
We can expect The Bangles to break with standard DWTS
formatting and perform on Monday -- not Tuesday -- night this week. This biggest of girl pop bands from the '80s will give us renditions of their hits "Manic Monday," "Eternal Flame" and "Walk Like an Egyptian" during the week 5 performance show.
Considering how rarely we get a musical act without
professional dancers, I'm really looking forward to a ballroom interpretation of "Walk Like an Egyptian..." The stupid walking! The costumes!
There will also, of course, be dancing and competition this Monday on Dancing with the Stars
. Each couple will perform one of the dances they haven't yet tackled, which means we get:
- Ricki Lake and Derek Hough: Foxtrot
- J. R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff: Samba
- Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Tango
- Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke: Rumba
- David Arquette and Kym Johnson: Tango
- Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus: Rumba
- Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya: Jive
- Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer: Samba
The fun doesn't stop on Dancing with the Stars
on Tuesday night! (You know, unless you're the eliminated dancer. In that case, it stops.) More musical acts, along with the requisite dancing, will be in the ballroom for Dancing with the Stars: The Results Show
What can we expect?
And to amuse you until then...
- Kelly Clarkson: She will be performing "Mr. Know It All" (off of her upcoming album) and "Walk Away."
- The Band Perry: If you're like me and don't know much of anything about country music, you'll be happy to learn that this group was nominated for five Country Music Awards this year. That means they're probably good. The Band Perry will be performing their hit, "If I Die Young."
- "At&T Spotlight Performance": This is apparently a recurring feature, this time showcasing a young woman named Charm Ladonna, dancing with Mark Ballas and Derek Hough.
The competitors and hosts of Dancing with the Stars
paid a visit to Dr. Phil
on Monday, October 17. In addition to a lot of talking, there was some dancing. And it's not all from the people you would expect.
Check out the videos below:
Want more Dancing with the Stars
info? Check out our DWTS Insider page on Facebook
.(Image courtesy of ABC, video courtesy of CBS)