Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars will begin in just a few days, so let's get ready for the new season with a few news stories about those DWTS folks!
An Engagement Ends for Carrie Ann InabaDWTS
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
judge Carrie Ann Inaba has ended her engagement with accountant Jesse Sloan, People.com
reports. The couple had been engaged since March of 2011 and no date had been announced publicly.
A representative for Inaba was quoted as saying, "They decided early in the summer to break off their engagement and have remained friends." Considering that the news did not hit the media until late in the summer, this must have been a quiet and amicable break-up indeed.Maksim Chmerkovskiy Visits Wendy Williams
Although she was only on Dancing with the Stars
for a few short weeks, Wendy Williams obviously has a soft spot for the competition show. It's not a huge shock then that one of her guests in the season 4 premiere of The Wendy Williams Show
pro, Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
Wait, Why Isn't Hope Solo the Favorite?
- If you have limited time available, you can skip the first minute and 40 seconds of the video. Maks shows up after that.
- No, Wendy Williams. Maks has never won a Mirror Ball trophy.
- If one were cynical, one might suspect that Maks' lack of a Mirror Ball might be related to his frequently hostile attitude to the judges.
- "I get to take home the relationships." Does that sound dirty on its own, or does Maksim Chmerkovskiy make it sound dirty?
- Awww... Maks and Kirstie became good friends!
- Kirstie Alley is Maks' favorite partner ever? That really isn't much of a surprise, especially in the context of this interview.
Yeah, there's a pretty good reason for Maksim Chmerkovskiy to not be a fan of Hope Solo these days. Whether they were friendly or not during their time together on Dancing with the Stars
, the relationship has to be seriously strained now. That would be because the Olympic soccer player has accused Maks of violence in her new book, Solo: A Memoir of Hope
In the book, Hope accuses Maks of swearing at her, hitting her in the stomach and once even slapping her across the face. "He wanted my head in a specific position," Solo wrote in her book. "To achieve that, he slapped me across the face. Hard."
Hope Solo did admit that Maks apologized for the incident later.
There hasn't been much response from Maksim Chmerkovskiy on the issue. The dancer did post on Twitter
, shortly after the allegations hit the press, obliquely referencing Hope. He wasn't exactly happy with her:
"Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense..."
At least Maks still has the support of Kirstie Alley!Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars
begins on Monday, September 24 at 8pm on ABC.(Images courtesy of ABC and Anders Krusberg for 'The Wendy Williams Show,' video courtesy of 'The Wendy Williams Show')