Strengths:Sheer dance floor dominance
Mya must have started planning her Dancing with the Stars
victory party around week 5, when she zoomed in front of the leader board with no obvious capable challenger in sight. With the elimination of Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough this week, it's clear: this season's mirror ball trophy is for Mya to lose.READ MORE
Can Kelly Win?
Can Donny Win?Average
: 26.9 (1st)Best dance
: 70s samba (Week 8) - 30, Salsa (Semis) - 30Worst dance
: Viennese Waltz (Week 1) - 21
- How's this for dominating performance? Mya and Dmitry Chaplin got the highest score in five out of the nine weeks of competition. The couple who scored the highest in the remaining three, Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough, is already out of the way, while Donny Osmond's episode-best finish is more a fluke than anything.
Technical skills-wise, Mya doesn't seem to have any chink in her perfect armor. She has shown to be capable in whatever type of dance she needs to do, be it a slow ballroom type or a fast-paced Latin dance.Adequately likable
- Is Mya likable, you ask. Likable enough, since she finds herself still in contention. More likable than Joanna Krupa or Aaron Carter, that's for sure. This is of course under the assumption that voters at home vote purely on the basis of likability, which is hardly the case.Weaknesses:Dmitry's choreography
- For starters, head judge Len Goodman isn't too crazy with Dmitry's choreography. There was a period early in the season when the couple suffered harshly because of this; one week, criticized for too much going on, the next, for not having sufficient content, others just for too much gimmickry.Least popular
- Among the final three, Mya is also seen to be the least popular. How is this so? Donny, no question, has a lot of fans, and Kelly Osbourne, for her to still be in contention despite having a lower average than Joanna and Aaron, must have a pretty solid following. Out of the three, she is also the least detached to the audience, the least relatable, mainly because she's so focused most of the time.Perfectionist
- On the other hand, Mya's frontrunner status can work against her in that she's-so-good-so-I-won't-vote-for-her-anymore kind. Some people also point to the fact she has dancing experience, no matter how non-ballroom or little, that is giving her the advantage she has now.
In the final analysis, it would be a downright bizarre season if Mya ended up not winning. But as we've seen on previous seasons, stranger things have happened on Dancing with the Stars.
- Glenn L. Diaz, BuddyTV Staff Columnist(Image courtesy of ABC)