This is going to be a very, very interesting week of Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars. Not only are we going to see some new, off-the-wall dance styles -- Bollywood anyone? -- but we are also getting a new judge in the form of Paula Abdul.
So who knows what could happen in Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars week 4? Not us... But here's a preview anyway.
The New Judge
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
It may just be a publicity stunt on the part of ABC, but you have to admit that bringing in Paula Abdul as a DWTS
guest judge is a pretty cool move. After all, we're talking about a legendary performer who has most recently made her mark as a singing judge over on FOX.
It's probably not a huge surprise that Abdul is willing to defect to ABC at this point, of course...
What does someone like Paula Abdul bring to the judging table? Considering the varied and non-ballroom styles we'll be seeing this week, she may just bring some necessary expertise. Abdul's career was made primarily as a choreographer back in the 1980s and 1990s. Sure, she sang as well, but the dancing was always her major career choice.
And who knows what someone like Len Goodman knows about hip hop?The New Dances
This may be the week in which we find out which of the dancers have had training in areas other than ballroom and Latin dancing. There aren't any SYTYCD
alums are there? Because talk about an advantage if there were...
After their rivals (mostly randomly) chose styles for them, each couple was faced with a bizarre and potentially impossible dance style for week 4. What are they?
The New Standings
- Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas: Rock & Roll
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Charleston
- Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy: Contemporary
- Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani: Jitterbug
- Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke: Bolero
- Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff: Hip Hop
- Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough: Mambo
- Sabrina Bryan and Louis Van Amstel: Disco
- Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd: Bollywood
Who is ahead overall as the dancers go into week 4?
1. Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd -- 75 total points
2. Sabrina Bryan and Louis Van Amstel -- 74
3. Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough -- 73.5
4. (tie) Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff -- 72
4. (tie) Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke -- 72
6. Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani -- 71.5
7. Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy -- 70.5
8. Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- 64
9. Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas -- 60
Although we are seeing some divisions begin to form, it's really anybody's competition to lose.
Who do you think will excel in this odd week of Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars
? How will Paula Abdul do as a judge? Leave your comments below!(Images courtesy of ABC)