Even though it hasn't aired yet on The CW, Arrow is already the gift that keeps on giving. This new video, featuring footage from the series premiere, has all of the shirtless Oliver Queen, Green Arrow action and more we expect from the show.
WARNING: There may be some Arrow spoilers in this video. Sorry about that. But that's a small price to pay for the chance to see Stephen Amell take off his shirt.
The video -- which somehow manages to be epic while containing scenes only from the Arrow
pilot -- gives us a lot of footage from the action sequences necessary in a superhero show like Arrow
. On top of that, we get a few key lines of dialogue.
Check out the new Arrow
What are some highlights of the video? Other than impressive abs, of course...
- That is some creepy voice with the "You have failed this city!" line. Is this Oliver Queen speaking or someone else?
- The police detective seen in multiple parts of this video (played by Paul Blackthorne) is an important character in the pilot -- a man with a very personal connection to at least two of the other main characters.
- It is quite impressive when a suspect leaps through a plate-glass window and then zip-lines off the top of a skyscraper. You can't fault the police officers for pausing to watch that.
- Does it really matter that the hood was green, obviously shady businessman Adam Hunt?
- Despite supposedly Oliver shedding his party-boy persona upon his return, the party/drinking scenes shown are actually from after the genesis of the Green Arrow. Obviously, the billionaire-playboy act is not limited only to Batman.
- What did happen to Oliver Queen on that island? Hopefully we'll find out in later episodes -- the pilot does not give us many answers.
- How exactly does a person run so as to avoid bullet fire? That seems like a useful skill to learn.
The series premiere of Arrow
will air on Wednesday, October 10 on The CW.(Images and video courtesy of The CW)