Rick Howland began his career in improv, both performing it and teaching it. He founded the comedy group Four Strombones, based in Toronto. He also recorded two albums.
Howland has appeared in several television and film projects, but is best known for his role in the sci-fi series Lost Girl, which he joined in 2010.
- The Cellar (1997)
- Martirio (2000)
- Short Tongue Freddy (2005)
- Santa Baby (2006)
- Bon Cop, Bad Cop (2006)
- Citizen Duane (2006)
- Midgets vs Mascots (2009)
- Tin Man (recurring, 2007)
- Billable Hours (recurring, 2007-2008)
- Lost Girl (regular, 2010-present)