Mark-Paul Gosselaar first rose to prominence in 1988, when he starred in the short-lived Disney series Good Morning, Miss Bliss. While the show only lasted one season, NBC bosses noticed his portrayal of charmer Zack Morris, and decided to retool the series into Saved by the Bell -- which turned out to be a bigger success.
Gosselaar was part of the Saved cast until 1993, after which he appeared in the short-lived sequel, Saved by the Bell: The College Years. He then focused on films, making his film debut in 1993 and appearing in features such as Twisted Love and Specimen.
Gosselaar returned to regular television work in 1998, joining the cast of the drama Hyperion Bay. He was later part of the short-lived D.C., NYPD Blue and Commander in Chief. In 2008, he was the lead of the TNT series Raising the Bar; three years later he headed another TNT series, Franklin & Bash.
Gosselaar was married to Lisa Ann Russell, with whom he has two children; the couple divorced in 2010.
Mark-Paul Harry Gosselaar
- Young Artist Award, Best Young Actor Starring in an Off-Primetime Series, 1991 (for Saved by the Bell)
- White Wolves: A Cry in the Wild II (1993)
- The St. Tammany Miracle (1994)
- Twisted Love (1995)
- Specimen (1996)
- Kounterfeit (1997)
- Dead Man on Campus (1998)
- Good Morning, Miss Bliss (regular, 1988-1989)
- Saved by the Bell (regular, 1989-1993)
- Saved by the Bell: The College years (regular, 1993-1994)
- Hyperion Bay (regular, 1998-1999)
- D.C. (regular, 2000)
- NYPD Blue (regular, 2001-2005)
- Commander in Chief (recurring, 2005-2006)
- John from Cincinnati (recurring, 2007)
- Raising the Bar (regular, 2008-2009)
- Franklin & Bash (regular, 2011-present)