When The Vampire Diaries returns this fall for season 5, it will be a changed show. Elena and Caroline are headed off to college and leaving Mystic Falls behind. Will this cause a problem for Elena and Damon? Ian Somerhalder spoke with reporters at San Diego Comic-Con and discussed the upcoming season in his unique and charming way.
Check out the video interview with Ian Somerhalder.
Highlights from the interview:
- By season 5 of a series, most shows have run out of stories, but TVD hasn't. It's "rejuvenated" with the Silas storyline, Elena and Damon being together though in a long distance relationship.
- Damon's "172 and she's 18. That gives a whole new meaning to like robbing the cradle. I think if Elena told any of her professors that she was dating a guy who was almost 175 ... they might form an opinion and have a bit of a reaction."
- "Damon has met his match several times in his life. Maybe he'll be happy, maybe he'll be jealous, maybe he'll rip his throat out." in response to how Damon will react to a potential new love interest for Elena.
- Damon is not living with Jeremy, but Jeremy is living with Damon in his house.
- People prefer the bad boy, but it's cute to see them together.
- Ian hadn't heard any feedback from fans regarding the finale and reactions to Damon and Elena getting together. He was working in China.
The Vampire Diaries premieres on Thursday, October 3 at 8 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss The Vampire Diaries! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video: Carla Day.)