It seems that these days some television shows are marked by the quality of their music – the better the music, the better the show. Well, perhaps Nielson may not see it that way but I definitely think that viewers will tune in to a show partly because they are on the hunt for great music. The most recent addition to shows that achieve musical genius is NBC’s The Black Donnellys
. What makes this soundtrack so unique is all of the Irish sounding tunes that are placed throughout the show.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
The opening song is just one of those Irish tunes, performed by the Drop Kick Murphys
and entitled "I'm Shipping Up to Boston." Similarly, another thematic song that has been used is "Lost" by The Mudmen
. Neither of these band are from Ireland (DKM are from Boston and The Mudmen are Canadian) but their Irish influences sound amazing.
The following is a list of songs from the pilot and from the second episode. Stay tuned to find out if The Black Donnellys
will have as much musical influence as Grey’s Anatom
y, television's soundtrack darling.
Pilot – Episode 101
1. "Thunder" - Nuttin' But Stringz
2. "Hella Good" - No Doubt -
3. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" - Jet
4. "Sleepy Maggie" - The Mad Maggies
5. "Beautiful Things" - Andain
6. "Arianna" - Paul Schwartz
7. "The Moment I Said It" - Imogen Heap
8. "Open Your Eyes" - Snow Patrol
9. "Rebellion (Lies)" - Arcade Fire
1. "Cold Water" - Damien Rice
2. "Handle With Care" - The Traveling Wilburys
3. "Louie Louie" - The Kingsmen
4. "Real Bad News" - Aimee Mann
5. "Still Loving You" - Holly Brook
6. "Cannon Ball" - Damien Rice
- Cameron Curtis, BuddyTV Staff Writer
Photo Courtesy of Punknews.org