With all of the changes around him -- the death of Alaric, the possible vampirization of Elena -- how is Jeremy Gilbert going to react to life in The Vampire Diaries season 4? We won't know for sure until the show premieres on Thursday, October 11, but we can get a hint from this video interview of Steven R. McQueen at the San Diego Comic-Con.
WARNING: Sometimes when actors talk, they give away spoilers. Thus, if there are any Vampire Diaries season 4 spoilers in this video (or in the article talking about the interview), it's not our fault. Just saying... Oh, and if you are offended by certain swear words, watch out. He says one.
BuddyTV had the chance to visit the Vampire Diaries
press room at the San Diego Comic-Con last summer. With a whole bunch of the cast members and executive producer Julie Plec in attendance, you can bet we got some good scoop.
Check out what Steven McQueen had to say about playing Jeremy and what is coming in season 4.
Don't want to watch the whole video? Here are some highlights:
The Vampire Diaries
- "Jeremy contributed to the death of his last family member..." Wow. The Vampire Diaries is a seriously messed up show when you stop to think about it.
- It is probably fair to say that supernatural creatures have complicated the life of one Jeremy Gilbert.
- Will Jeremy and Bonnie get back together? Will Jeremy get to date a normal girl for once? Are there any of them left in Mystic Falls these days?
- The second episode of The Vampire Diaries season 4 is very good indeed. McQueen is correct.
- Even if she is a vampire, Jeremy is going to be really happy to see Elena. He already knew she was dead, so anything is preferable (for Jeremy) than that.
- Messing around with a crossbow seems like a bad idea.
- Jeremy might need a male role model. Considering the options that tend to show up in Mystic Falls, that may not help.
- Also, parental figures of any kind tend to die on The Vampire Diaries.
- "Anyone he lets in, anyone he cares about, he loses them." That's depressing.
season 4 premieres on Thursday, October 11 at 8pm on The CW. Check back here at BuddyTV for more cast and producer interviews in the days leading up to the new season!(Images courtesy of The CW)