We know who the So You Think You Can Dance contestants are, but that's about it thus far. It's time to learn more. For example, which star has a fondness for professional wrestling? Who might be described as a "home-skillet biscuit?" And which Top-20 dancer dreams of red velvet cakes and rainbows?Alexander and Jordan
Check out the pre-season interviews to find out!
Marko and Iveta
- Alexander has tried out for So You Think You Can Dance a lot.
- Jordan has not.
- Alexander is excellent at the deer-in-headlights stare.
- Jordan Casanova: "Being here is like the cherry on top of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. It's also like sliding down a rainbow. It's like a sparkly bow on top of a Christmas present. It's so many amazing things, and I can't even say that it means everything, because it means so much more than that."
- Jordan really, really likes Beyonce. A lot.
Wadi and Sasha
- These are not short-answer people.
- But they do agree a lot.
Caitlynn and Tadd
- Wadi has a big hat.
- They giggle a lot.
- Do they have "it?"
- Awwww... Dancers give back and stuff.
Miranda and Ricky
- They're afraid of tennis balls.
Melanie and Mitchell
- Is it just me, or do these two sound like their giving an elementary-school book report?
- Miranda: "Everyone's so inspiring in just their normal state." (Melanie has met far more interesting people than me.)
Missy and Chris
- Melanie's strategy includes drinking water. Water is important.
- Mitchell doesn't want to drop a girl. Because they get mad.
- Melanie is Mitchell's home-skillet biscuit.
Clarice and Jess
- I'm not exactly sure how a tutu would help in potty training.
Ashley and Nick
- Why exactly is Clarice wearing a Muppet on her shoulder?
Robert and Ryan
- Ashley loves her dad, even if she forgets to mention him.
- There's something amusing about a dancer ending a sentence with "and all that jazz."
- A WWE-inspired dance would be awesome. Even if Robert might watch a little too much wrestling.
- Oh right. He's the woo guy. Too much woo.
Want more So You Think You Can Dance
scoop? Check out our SYTYCD Insider page on Facebook
Did you enjoy the interviews? Do they point you in the direction of any favorites? And how serious was Jordan with her similes? Let us know by leaving a comment below!(Image and videos courtesy of FOX)