They're really pulling out all the stops when it comes to mixing things up on Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars, aren't they? Somehow or other, this means that week 7 will feature something called fusion dances: Two dance styles mixed together into one performance. This could either be great or just weird.
Let's contemplate that while we preview what's to come in Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars week 7.
Thanks to the national elections occurring on Tuesday, November 6, there will be no Dancing with the Stars: The Results Show
in week 7. So we get to enjoy (or not) the dancers for longer! Again!The Fusion Dances
So what are these fusion dances? During last week's Results Show
, each team picked a pair of dance styles for the other pairs to perform. Some couples were happy. Others were not so happy. Check out the list below and see if you can determine joy from the dance styles alone:
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Quickstep/Samba
- Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy: Cha-Cha/Foxtrot
- Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke: Rumba/Samba
- Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff: Cha-Cha/Paso Doble
- Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani: Tango/Cha-Cha
- Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas**: Tango/Paso Doble
- Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd: Argentine Tango/Samba
**Mark Ballas will replace Derek Hough this week.
As we have seen several times now on Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars, scores don't mean so much. After all, the highest scorer from the last two weeks managed to get herself eliminated in week 6. But maybe these overall scores are indicators? I honestly have no clue right about now.
1. Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd -- 188.5 total points
2. Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough -- 187.5 total points
3. Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani -- 185 total points
4. Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff -- 184.5 total points
5. Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke -- 181.5 total points
6. Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy -- 177 total points
7. Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- 166.5 total points
(In case you were wondering, Sabrina Bryan and Louis Van Amstel would have topped this list -- with 189.5 total points, had they not been eliminated in week 6.)
At least one part of this week on Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars will be a little bit familiar.
As they did last season, the remaining DWTS contestants will participate in a dance marathon tonight. Performing swing routines (which should be pretty spectacular, considering these guys), each couple will try to be the last standing. Extra points will be awarded to the couples based on the judges' ranking.
It's hardly important to the overall season, but I enjoy watching things like that.
What are you looking forward to in DWTS week 7? How do you feel about another week with no eliminations? How do you think they'll remedy this situation in weeks 8 and 9? Leave your comments below!|
(Images courtesy of ABC)