ABC's new series Killer Women starts the New Year off with a bang on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 10pm on ABC. Tricia Helfer stars in the series as a female Texas Ranger who chases ladies who like to kill.
BuddyTV was on set with the cast and crew of the new show and spoke to star Tricia Helfer about her character Molly, what drew her to the role, the various relationships that Molly will have (including romance), the research she did about the Texas Rangers and much more.
Want to know more about the show? Here is the official synopsis from ABC:
Of all the notorious lawmen who ever patrolled the violent frontier, none are more storied than the Texas Rangers. Ballsy and badass Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer) is one of the first women to join this elite group of law enforcement agents. From executive producer Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) and creator Hannah Shakespeare (The Raven), Killer Women takes us inside the dangerous world of the Texas Rangers from a female perspective.
Molly is committed to finding the truth and seeing justice served. She's even willing to break some rules to get it done. While she's surrounded by law enforcement colleagues who want to see her fail, there are those within the Rangers who have her back including her boss, Company Commander Luis Zea. Molly also has the support of her loving family including her brother Billy and his wife Becca. On the verge of getting divorced from her smarmy husband Jake, Molly relishes her newfound freedom even as she begins an affair with a sexy, dangerously handsome DEA agent, Dan Winston.
Check out the interview with Tricia Helfer.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Helfer describes the character of Molly and what drew her to play the role.
- Molly really wants to do what's right, but struggles with emotional issues in her personal life.
- How Molly deals with working in the old-school, man's world of the Rangers.
- The research Helfer did for her role as one of the few female Texas Rangers.
- The relationship between Molly and Dan and how her trust issues will affect their personal and professional relationship.
- How Molly got into law enforcement and what influenced her to take the path that she did in her life.
What do you think now that you've heard more about Killer Women from its star? Will you be watching the premiere?
(Image courtesy of ABC)