Halt and Catch Fire premieres this Sunday, June 1 on AMC. It tells the story of three people who end up working together to reverse engineer an IBM personal computer. It's 1983 in Dallas, Texas and Joe MacMillian sets into motion a technological revolution which can't be stopped.
"This puts the future squarely in the hands of those who know computers not for what they are, but for everything they have the potential to be." - Joe MacMillian
Check out AMC's preview, "A Look at the Series: Halt and Catch Fire."
Highlights from the video:
- Halt and Catch Fire takes place during 1983 in Dallas, a.k.a. the Silicon Prairie.
- Three outsiders get together to change the world. They may not like each other, but they need one another to move forward.
- "It's a sex-charged spy thriller."
- Joe MacMillian is arrogant and self-serving. He pulls Gordon into his scheme and then threatens it all by alerting IBM to what they are doing. Is that a brilliant move? Perhaps...
- Gordon Clark is an excellent engineer. He built a computer with his wife, but it ended in disaster. Joe revigorates Gordon's life and passion for technology.
- Cameron is a wild card. She's talented and believes computers should be more than they are. Joe and Cameron are drawn to each other.
Halt and Catch Fire airs Sundays at 10pm ET on AMC.
(Image and video courtesy of AMC.)