The CW has been hard at work mulling up as much anticipation as possible for the return of Gossip Girl
on March 16. Since we published our Complete Guide to Overcoming Gossip Girl Withdrawal
a few days ago, so many more spoilers, photos, and promos have been released that the guide isn’t so complete after all. (Though it’s still comprehensive, detailed, unbelievably witty, and entirely worth checking out.)
To start with, at left we've gotten an all-new promotional poster for episode 2.19 "The Grandfather" with the text: Two reputations destroyed. Now for the second act...
Read on for more dish from the Upper East Side, and a new promo that is so aptly named “OMG!"
New Episode Summaries for Rest of Season 2
We now have the names and brief summaries of the episodes leading up to the Season Two finale:
March 16, "The Age of Dissonance"
- Sebastian Stan (the real-life boyfriend of Leighton Meester) returns for multiple episodes as Chuck's nemesis, Carter Baizen.
March 23, "The Grandfather"
- Carter instantly causes trouble for Chuck and further angers him when he tries his moves on Blair Waldorf. Meanwhile, Vanessa receives an offer from Nate's grandfather that is difficult to refuse.
March 30, "Remains of the J,"
- As Jenny has second thoughts about her future, Tamara Feldman returns as socialite Poppy Lifton, and Armie Hammer makes his first appearance in the role of Gabriel Serrano, Poppy's boyfriend who sweeps Serena off her feet with a romantic vacation. Both guest stars will appear in multiple episodes.
April 20, "Seder Anything"
- Wallace Shawn returns as Cyrus Rose, Eleanor Waldorf's husband.
April 27, "Loose Ends"
- Michelle Trachtenberg returns as the manipulative Georgina Sparks for a four-episode arc, taking us through the end of the second season.
May 4, "TBA" - Introduces the love child of Lilly and Rufus, who is indeed alive, and returns to his parents needing to finish his Senior Year of high school.
May 11, "TBA" - No Doubt will appear and perform their song "Stand And Deliver" for the first time ever on Gossip Girl! This episode will also introduce the Gossip Girl spinoff, reportedly starring Brittany Snow, as a "backdoor pilot."
May 18, "TBA" - Season Two concludes.
We knew a lot of this already, but there are some aspects of note:
- March 30: Armie sweeps Serena off on a “romantic vacation”?! Have we learned nothing from Aaron Rose?
- April 27: Georgie’s going to be around longer than we initially thought… and definitely not in the way you might think. Read on for the scoop on how she’s even able to “shock” the unshockable Chuck Bass.
- May 4: Rufus and Lilly’s “love child” (God, I hate that term. Ew.) returns to his “parents” for their help in finishing school. I won’t get into how ridiculous it is to call Rufus and Lilly “parents” here—even calling them that to Dan and Serena is a stretch, of sorts—but this hint raises the question of what happened to his adoptive parents? Last I checked, there were two of them, alive and kicking. Maybe not for long…
- May 11: It’s fitting that the premiere of the “backdoor pilot” about Lilly’s past will also feature No Doubt performing, since I’ll be taking a trip back to middle school with that performance.
OMG! New Gossip Girl Promo and Promo Stills
I find it impossible to believe that all of this happens in the next episode. It can’t. Which makes it pretty impossible to piece together how all of these events relate, and in what order. In a single promo, we get: Blair with Carter… and Blair with Chuck… and Blair with Nate?! My head is spinning. But… no matter. It’s all going down sometime, and it’s all bound to be OMFG.
Then there are the many promo stills of the upcoming episodes, featuring Chuck Bass-nemesis Carter, and what appears to be a a Victorian school play (titled "The Age of Dissonance," mayhaps?) starring Blair, Serena, and Dan.
SPOILER: The Juice on Georgina
We’ll have to wait until April 27 to see Georgina Sparks again, but Michelle Trachtenberg is already dishing to E! News about her character’s shocking new leaf.
"We're filming a scene, it's the first time we see Georgina. She has a little run-in with Chuck Bass, who is in shock at her new attire, getup and demeanor,” Trachtenberg told the source.
Kristin Dos Santos reports:
“According to our spies, the big Chuck-Georgina reunion happens in the park when Chuck comes upon a group of oddly dressed people at a log cabin. The assembled young people are all wearing T-shirts that read "OMJC," and one asks Chuck, "Are you a wayward soul in search of direction?" Right about then a hippie-looking, creepy, smiley and altogether weird-seeming Georgina pops up and asks if Chuck's been saved as well.
OMFG. (Or should that be OMJC?!)
Has G been brainwashed by a cult?
Michelle says, ‘I think there are definitely evil elements that Georgina can never leave behind, but you will be seeing a different, let's say reformed, side of Georgina.’
‘Georgina has some unfinished business with Blair, but how that's going to transpire, I'm not sure. Could be a handshake, could be a fistfight, could get wild and crazy, and seeing as how we left Dan and Georgina, there were some crazy sparks a brewin' ... I'm sure there will be fireworks.’ ”
For more on upcoming Gossip Girl, check out: The Complete Guide to Overcoming Gossip Girl WIthdrawal
-Meghan Carlson, BuddyTV Staff Writer
Image courtesy of the CW