This week's Gossip Girl unveiled the many mysteries of Daddy Bass and his untimely pseudo-death. Chuck confronted his father on his absence but ended up saving him anyway. Blair, meanwhile, had her own best intentions when it came to the men in her life, but perhaps she's hiding a deeper truth about her own insecurities. Maybe the diary that her best friend Serena apparently released will reveal a few of those secrets to the audience next week.
"The Fugitives" explored relationships that were somewhat forgotten, including Blair and Serena's friendship, and Chuck and Bart's father-son relationship. While the quotes found in Blair's diary may help to explain the recesses of some of those relationships, tonight's best quotes illuminated a few of the others:
Blair: "The most important thing in a relationship is trust. After sex and hygiene. And earning potential."
- Poor Dan is 0 for 4 right now.
Bart: "I was supposed to leave last night but my departure was delayed because of the commotion you and your friends caused."
- Really. Bart? You come back from the dead, and you still cut your son off?
Chuck (to Blair): "Is there anywhere you have to be right now?"
- Not when Chuck needs her, there isn't!
Chuck: "I don't need a babysitter."
Diana: "Besides, he already has one."
- From mother to best friend-shagger to babysitter. Anyone else getting au pair flashbacks?
Lola: "You said you needed twins, right? Or at least two blondes around the same height?"
- But one of you is a redhead...
Serena: "We're meant to be. Like Brad and Angelina -- once they got rid of Jennifer."
- Love Serena's self-deprecation here, while still calling DB out for the insensitive people they are.
Dan: "I cannot believe Blair would do this. What could be more important?"
- More important than Dan Humphrey? Inconceivable!
Blair: "You think this is the first time I've tried to entrap someone with prostitutes?"
- I missed you, Blair Waldorf!
Chuck (to Bart): "Let's be honest, you didn't raise me."
- Chuck Bass. He only speaks the truth!
Blair (about saying 'I love you'): "I'm not ready. I really want the next person I say it to be the last."
- Does this mean what I think it means? Let there be a proposal next episode!
Tatiana del Pilar
(Image courtesy of The CW)