Six seasons and a movie? Not quite, not yet. But at least we now have a return date for NBC's long-missing comedy, Community. The network has announced the dates for several returns and premieres, as well as some major scheduling changes to take place over the spring. Keep reading for the details.
NBC Giveth (Community) and NBC Taketh Away (Parks and Recreation)
Here's the good news: Community
will return to NBC on Thursday, March 15. Community
will resume its 8pm timeslot (alas, still facing off against The Big Bang Theory
...), pushing 30 Rock
back to 8:30pm. The Office
will follow at 9pm, and Up All Night
airs at 9:30pm through Thursday, April 12 (when its 24 episodes of season 1 will conclude).Community
creator Dan Harmon was unusually restrained in his own announcement of the return. Posting on Twitter
on February 21, Harmon wrote: "What you call 8:00, we call home. Community returns to Thursday nights on March 15th."
As for the bad news... Notice anything missing from that schedule? NBC has also announced that Parks and Recreation
will leave its 8:30pm Thursday timeslot and will only return to the schedule on April 19 to take Up All Night
's place at 9:30pm.
Thursday nights throughout the spring will finish off with the new drama series, Awake
, which will begin airing at 10pm on Thursday, March 1. The show is incredible, and you need to watch it.The Shifting Sands of Wednesday Night
I hope you haven't gotten too comfortable with NBC's Wednesday-night TV lineup. Because it's all going to change.
Three new shows are slated to air on Wednesday nights on NBC.
- Bent (a romantic comedy focusing on a high-strung lawyer and the laid-back building contractor who love/hates her) premieres on Wednesday, March 21 at 9pm. The second episode will follow immediately afterwards at 9:30pm. One-hour double episodes of Bent will continue on March 28 and April 4.
- Betty White's Off Their Rockers (old people playing pranks) premieres on Wednesday, April 4 at 8pm.
- Best Friends Forever (aka BFFs, a comedy about two old friends suddenly living together) premieres on Wednesday, April 4 at 8:30pm.
As for the existing Wednesday-night lineup on NBC, look for everything to change:
- Rock Center with Brian Williams will move from 9pm to 10pm for five weeks starting on March 7. It will then return to the 9pm timeslot.
- Law & Order: SVU will be off the air during Rock Center's 10pm airings and will return with new episodes on Wednesday, April 11 at 10pm.
- Whitney (Wednesdays at 8pm) and Are You There, Chelsea (Wednesdays at 8:30pm) will air their season finales on Wednesday, March 28.
Got all that?
Do you like the new NBC schedule? How awesome is it that Community
is back? Which new series are you looking forward to the most? Leave your comments below!(Image courtesy of NBC)