No, it's not a sci-fi, adventure or comic-based show, but that doesn't mean that Community couldn't be a hit at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con. On the contrary, Community turned out to be one of the more popular panels of the event -- a line of thousands waited to get in.
Did you (like me) fail to make it inside? Did you just miss the Con altogether? No worries -- NBC has posted the entire panel online. Click "Play" below to enjoy the festivities!
Some highlights from the Community
panel itself include:
- Did anyone use the #anniesboobs hashtag to ask questions?
- The actual Annie's Boobs (the monkey) makes an appearance (with the season 2 DVDs)! (starting at 6:02)
- What happened with Pierce at the end of the season? (starting about 8:15)
- Pierce and Britta having sex? (about 11:05)
- Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar on The Wire) as the new Community biology professor! Plus, Dan Harmon's evil plan to get more viewers by making it weirder. (about 17:25)
- Dan Harmon: "Let's add a little element of The Wire to Community."
- Ah, the Emmys... (starting about 20:20)
- A new Halloween episode? In the past? Probably not. Also, more paintball! (starting about 22:00)
- Gillian Jacobs failing to sing with any talent whatsoever. (starting about 25:30)
- Danny Pudi almost displays an inappropriate amount of skin. (starting about 32:10)
- Troy and Abed handshakes. (starting about 39:18)
- Donald Glover freestyles a Childish Gambino sample from his upcoming album. (starting about 41:45)
- The Community cast's Comic-Con dream costumes. (about 44:00)
Is that enough Community
for you? Probably not. Fortunately, there's more Community
- Too many people, not enough microphone.
- Watch for the dangers of shrimp skewers at parties.
- Hey, the Dean is going to be a series regular!
Troy and Abed in the... Evening?
(Image and videos courtesy of NBC)
- Is all of Community happening in Abed's head? Is it Purgatory? Whoa...
- The series finale of Community as an alternate series finale of Lost? Please make it happen, Dan Harmon!