There have been a lot of big changes this season on The CW's Beauty and the Beast
. Vincent's amnesia and Catherine's family drama are just two of the big shakeups in store for fans of the romantic action thriller. With some new creative juice behind the scenes, this season is already veering into brand new territory for the show.
At New York Comic Con, BuddyTV was lucky enough to sit down with executive producers Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper to talk what's next for the show and for our favorite angsty couple.
Check out the full interview below:
Highlights from the interview:
- They love their new executive producer Brad Kern. He asked them what Beauty and the Beast 2.0 would look like.
- Their big thing is that they wanted the beast to be more beastly.
- Kern said, "I think this season is about identity. It's about the 'Who Am I?' question."
- It's also a big season for Catherine to answer the 'Who Am I?" question, because she'll be exploring the mystery surrounding her real father.
- They try not to tease too long, they don't' want the audience to be too far ahead of the characters.
- Now that they're in season two it's very freeing to finally be their own show with no comparisons. "No one is attacking us because he's too handsome. It's the good looking guys who are beastly. Those are the guys that mess you up."
- Could Catherine and Vincent ever really be together? They've both written on shows where couples have been together, so they're not afraid to go there. They decided last season that it's not a will-they-won't-they show. Cat and Vincent are together, they just have a lot of obstacles.
- The showrunners talk about how the lying in Catherine's family has really impacted her and how those relationships will be continue to be affected by Catherine's discovery.
- When they look at the story they always think about Catherine's point of view and Brad Kern always looks at it from Vincent's perspective.
- Catherine's work cases will mostly be focused on the overall mythology.
- Was there anything they wanted to do in season one that they're finally getting to explore this season? They didn't get into why J.T. was involved and what the secret is and they're getting to that in season 2.
- Sherri Cooper also feels like they might have skipped over the moment Catherine realized she really liked Vincent.
- While Jennifer Levin is really excited to get some more sleep this season!