Beauty and the Beast ended its first season with Vincent being captured by Muirfield and that event brings many changes for him. Jay Ryan spoke with reporters at San Diego Comic-Con about BATB's upcoming season 2, including a changed beast, the friendship between Vincent and JT, and what's ahead for VinCat.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Check out the video interview with Jay Ryan.
Highlights from the interview:
- VinCat will be challenged when they are reunited.
- The theme for BATB season 2 is "Who am I?" and "For Vincent, it's 'Am I man or am I beast?'"
- It becomes a bigger question for him because while in Muirfield's custody, they "rewired" him to be the "super-soldier that they always intended him to be."
- Vincent and Catherine will have to deal with that and re-discover each other to "make their relationship and their bond stronger."
- The "beast" make-up and prosthetic is redesigned for season 2.
- New stunt coordinators are working on a different style of movement for the rewired Vincent.
- The beast is scarier this season. It's more about what isn't shown.
- "Vincent's universe is really going to open up this season." His past will be revealed, including why he and JT are such good friends and JT feels need to protect Vincent.
- Vincent feels guilty for being captured. He'll be disconnected from both Catherine and JT as the season begins.
- "He has to decide if he's man or he's beast."
Beauty and the Beast season 2 premieres on Monday, October 7 at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss Beauty and the Beast! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and Video: Carla Day.)