Once Upon a Time season 2 continues on Sunday, March 10 with an episode called “The Miller’s Daughter”. At last week’s Paleyfest 2013, BuddyTV talked to stars Emilie de Ravin and Robert Carlyle about what fans can expect to see from their characters in the rest of the season.
Check out our exclusive interview with Emilie de Ravin below.
De Ravin may not have been able to tell us too much about upcoming episodes, but she did hint that a big “Rumbelle” episode is coming up soon. Here are a few things we learned in the interview:
- Episode 19 will be a big episode for Belle, as well as fans of the “Rumbelle” romance.
- In the same episode, Belle will get out of the hospital and we’ll learn a lot more about who she is, and who they are as a couple, in both the past and the present.
- The challenges and joys of playing new aspects of Belle and what it’s been like to play her with and without her memory.
Next up, we chatted with Robert Carlyle, who also talked to us about the Rumplestiltskin/Belle romance.
Here is what we learned in the interview.
- There will be a resolution to the Rumple/Belle situation, but not at all in the way fans will imagine.
- The “resolution” will set off a whole new adventure with the on-again/off-again couple.
- The sadness and empathy he feels for Rumplestiltskin, as the character deals with the reunion of his son and the fact that it doesn’t go as well as he hoped.
- The relationship between Rumple and Bae will change forever by the end of the season, with the biggest change happening in the finale, episode 22.
- What makes Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold the man that he is and why Carlyle believes that the character will always be flawed.
Well, it definitely looks like both Belle and Rumple are going to have some challenges to face in upcoming episodes. What do you think after watching the interviews with De Ravin and Carlyle about the rest of Once Upon a Time season 2? Do you think that they will end up back together again as a couple? Got any theories on what is going to happen to change Rumple’s relationship with his son forever?
Stay turned to BuddyTV on Monday morning as we bring you more interviews from the Paleyfest red carpet with Josh Dallas, Ginnfer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, and Lana Parrilla.
Also, be sure to check out our Paleyfest interview with showrunners Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, and our Paleyfest interview with Colin O’Donoghue.
Once Upon a Time airs on Sunday nights at 8pm on ABC.
Want to add Once Upon a Time to your very own watch-list? Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Images courtesy of WENN)