Dean is back from Purgatory. Sam is back from domestic bliss. So what’s next for the heroes of Supernatural? According to an interview with Jared Padalecki, the next challenge facing the Winchester boys is an evil they have never before faced: Kevin the Prophet’s “tiger” mommy.
Check out this video of Jared Padalecki on the Supernatural set for some details.
WARNING: This interview with Jared Padalecki contains some Supernatural season 8 spoilers. They’re mild spoilers, sure, but you might want to be careful anyway.
What do we learn about “What’s Up, Tiger Mommy?” from this video?
- This was not the second episode filmed — another episode, directed by Jensen Ackles, was shot before it.
- Kevin’s mom may be in more episodes than just episode 2.
- Dean is not going to be sympathetic about Kevin’s desire to find his mother and see how she is doing.
- It sounds like Dean is wrong about this. Kevin’s mom is in trouble.
- In order to move forward with the tablets, they have to get Mommy back.
- Apparently, this is a semi-fun episode. Yay!
- The Tiger Mommy may prove to be more trouble than she is worth, at least as far as Sam and Dean are concerned. They really haven’t spent much time with mother figures, have they?
- There may be a god, Plutus (is this the same as Pluto, Roman god of the underworld?), in this one.
- The Supernatural producer Jared Padalecki talks to had been trying to watch a football game all night.
- The boys will be in a situation where they are outnumbered and outgunned. As usual.
- They do not die in this episode. That type of plot point is usually reserved for season finales of Supernatural, so this is not a huge shock.
What will happen when Sam and Dean have to face off against the dreaded Tiger Mommy? Will the tablets hold the key to saving the world (again)? Find out when this Supernatural episode airs on Wednesday, October 10 at 9pm on The CW.
(Images courtesy of The CW, set visit provided by Warner Bros.)
Senior Writer, BuddyTV
Laurel grew up in Mamaroneck, NY, Grosse Pointe, MI and Bellevue WA. She then went on to live in places like Boston, Tucson, Houston, Wales, Tanzania, Prince Edward Island and New York City before heading back to Seattle. Ever since early childhood, when she became addicted to The Muppet Show, Laurel has watched far too much TV. Current favorites include Chuck, Modern Family, Supernatural, Mad Men and Community. Laurel received a BA in Astrophysics (yes, that is possible) from Colgate University and a PhD in Middle Eastern Studies and History of Science from Columbia University before she realized that television is much better than studying.