Everything is complicated on Once Upon a Time – especially relationships. After all, Robin Hood got Zelena pregnant when she was pretending to be his wife. So what comes next? BuddyTV was at San Diego Comic-Con to find out from Sean Maguire and Rebecca Mader.
Once Upon a Time Interview: Lana Parrilla on Regina Becoming the Savior>>>
Watch the video interview with Sean Maguire and Rebecca Mader:
Here are a few highlights:
- While both are archers, Maguire’s Robin Hood doesn’t have any interactions with Merida in what he had read at the time (the first episode), but he imagines their paths will cross.
- Having a baby is not Zelena’s endgame. “I think the story is about destroying Regina’s happiness,” Mader said. She wanted to take Regina’s true love away from her. “Whether she’ll be a good mom or not, I don’t know. Hopefully it will change her in a positive way.”
- Mader would like to see the Wicked Witch and the Dark Swan go toe-to-toe.
- While Robin Hood does feel an obligation to do what’s right, he isn’t torn between Regina and Zelena. He loves Regina.
- Maguire doesn’t know how Robin Hood will approach being a father to his and Zelena’s baby. However, there is a line in the first episode from Regina that is “quite telling about where [they’re] going.”
- Mader thinks it’s going to be “really upsetting and heartbreaking for everybody’ to see Emma going dark. “It’s going to be saving the savior in a way from herself, from the darkness.”
- Maguire called this season their Empire Strikes Back. “I think it’s our dark chapter.”
Once Upon a Time season 5 premieres Sunday, September 27 at 8pm on ABC.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV
If it’s on TV — especially if it’s a procedural or superhero show — chances are Meredith watches it. She has a love for all things fiction, starting from a young age with ER and The X-Files on the small screen and the Nancy Drew books. Arrow kicked off the Arrowverse and her true passion for all things heroes. She’s enjoyed getting into the minds of serial killers since Criminal Minds, so it should be no surprise that her latest obsession is Prodigal Son.