Davina is regent in The Originals season 3, and because of that, the decisions she’s going to have to make are going to affect not just her. So what does that mean for her in the new season? BuddyTV was at San Diego Comic-Con to find out from Danielle Campbell.
The Originals Interview: EP Michael Narducci Teases the Introduction of the First Sired Vampires>>>
Watch the video interview with Danielle Campbell:
Here are a few highlights:
- “You see a lot more characters from the past that you’ve never been introduced to before,” which adds a new mystery and makes it almost like a new show.
- Davina is not afraid of anybody. Everything she has been through has made her stronger.
- This year, with her new role as regent, “she has to be strong for her people. She has to do what’s best for them, and I think that’s going to force her to make decisions that she’s uncomfortable with, but at the end of the day, she’s going to need to figure out how to make her people respect her and understand her and she’s going to struggle with that.”
- “She’s always actively plotting to take down Klaus.” She is angrier with him now since he took away her last chance to bring back Kol (but she will keep trying to find a way). However, she also has to “focus and put her energy into helping her people.”
- She’s trying to stay away from the vampires for now.
- Marcel and Davina will always have a special bond and will always be there for each other.
The Originals season 3 premieres Thursday, October 8 at 9pm on the CW.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)