Here’s your BuddyTV High Five: The five big moments and questions from tonight’s episode of Hell’s Kitchen, “Top 12 Compete.”
I won’t lie: Hell’s Kitchen stresses me out. But that’s what makes it so good. In other reality shows, I don’t get as invested as I do when Chef Ramsay takes someone out verbally. This season, if the first two episodes are any indication, is going to follow suit and I will probably need a valium.
High Five Highlights:
5. Early Morning Wake Up: Wanting the chefs to be up early after an abysmal night before, Chef Ramsay wakes the chefs with loud music and then offers up the new challenge. He wants the chefs to go “back to basics”, pairing them up and asking them to cook steak to specific temperatures. Will, however, has to work solo due to odd numbers.
4. Back to Basics: The first pair of women get all their steaks cooked correctly during but not all of the girls are so lucky. The men win and the women are pissed especially at the women who couldn’t cook the steak. They don’t lose by much but second place in this game is always the loser. They have to clean the grills as part of losing. Meanwhile, being a vegetarian for most of my life, I have never the inside of so much meat at one time.
3. Masterchef meets Big Brother or Survivor: Taking a cue from other reality shows, the women’s punishment is more than just the grill. They have to eat the meat cooked… mixed up in a blender. The men get to go to Palm Springs and eat with Chef Ramsey. I’m pretty sure none of their food was put in the blender before they ate it and they didn’t have to clean up afterward. They also have to do something with carcasses but I won’t lie, I didn’t really watch that part.
2. Back in the kitchen: Hell’s Kitchen opened for a second time in tonight’s episode and the men are determined to make a comeback like Michael Vick. (Maybe a bad analogy, especially because of the carcasses mentioned above.)
1. Goodbye, Brendan: Brendan is sent home giving the men’s team hope for a new start next week.
– There are a lot of chefs from New Jersey and Pennsylvania this season and so, I am rooting for the home town heroes. Who are you rooting for this season on Hell’s Kitchen?
Jennifer Leah Peck
(Image courtesy of FOX)
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV