Heather Morris was introduced to dancing at a very young age, and has since pursued a career in that track. She was a participant on the second season of So You Think You Can Dance, making it as far as the green mile but being cut just before the Top 20 was announced.
Morris then moved to Los Angeles, where she became a back-up dancer for Beyonce Knowles' world tour. She later met choreographer Zach Woodlee, who sent her to shows such as Eli Stone and Swingtown as a dancer.
Perhaps her biggest break came in 2009, when she joined the Fox series Glee. Originally brought in by Woodlee to teach the cast the dance to Beyonce's smash hit "Single Ladies", she was later cast as dimwitted cheerleader Brittany Pierce. Her character is perhaps one of the show's most popular, thanks to her one-liners: she was promoted to a series regular from the second season.
Morris has also acted in two films, Fired Up! and The Elevator. She was taking up acting classes when she was approached to do Glee.
- While Heather didn't make it to the Top 20 of SYTYCD's second season, her best friend during the auditions, Ben Susak, did.
- Screen Actors Guild Award, Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, 2010 (for Glee)
- Bedtime Stories (dancer, 2008)
- Fired Up! (2009)
- The Elevator (2010)
- Swingtown (dancer, 2008)
- Eli Stone (dancer, 2008)
- Glee (regular, 2009-present)
- How I Met Your Mother (dancer, 2010)