As The Vampire Diaries season 6 ended, Lily, with Enzo by her side, found her “family,” and the big question is what that means for season 7. The heretics are here, and as has already been teased, aren’t going to make things easy for anyone in Mystic Falls. BuddyTV was at San Diego Comic-Con to find out from Michael Malarkey just what’s coming up for Enzo.
The Vampire Diaries Interview: EP on Playing With Time and Damon in Season 7>>>
Watch the video interview with Michael Malarkey:
Here are a few highlights:
- It would initially feel like “a good thing” for Enzo if he chooses Lily’s side. He wants a “community of people he can love and trust and eat people with.”
- However, it could backfire because of his loyalties to Damon, and choosing a path against Damon’s would lead to conflict.
- He thinks playing with time is a “brilliant trick.”
- For Enzo, there’s a time jump involving his love life. “We see him together with somebody, maybe somebody we know on the show,” Malarkey teased.
- “Heads will roll. There’s full on war going on in Mystic Falls.”
- He wants to work more with Kat Graham.
- Nina Dobrev’s departure offered “a fantastic opportunity for the writers to revamp the show, no pun intended.”
- Enzo plays guitar. “Playing guitar kind of adds another level of something like sympathy for the character.”
- He’s excited for the introduction of the heretics.
The Vampire Diaries Interview: Julie Plec on Alaric’s “Questionable Decisions,” Damon and Bonnie’s Friendship and More>>>
The Vampire Diaries season 7 premieres Thursday, October 8 at 8pm on the CW.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)