It was a bleak ending to The Vampire Diaries season 6 for pretty much everyone. (Except for Lily. She got her family back, which means more grim times ahead for everyone else.) What is the fallout of what happened last season going to look like in season 7? BuddyTV was at San Diego Comic-Con to find out from executive producer Julie Plec.
The Vampire Diaries Interview: Paul Wesley on Stefan and Caroline, the Heretics and More>>>
Watch the video interview with EP Julie Plec:
Here are the highlights:
- “Everyone’s kind of having a shared journey about dealing with the fact of what defines who their family is.”
- Damon and Stefan have to deal with the mother who abandoned them taking over their town, with her new family and moving into their house. “It teaches them a lot about their relationship with each other, their relationship they always wanted with her, and then it puts them in a situation of, are they going to make amends with this woman or are they going to take her down?” Plec previewed.
- Stefan and Damon will be moving into Matt/Tyler’s house.
- Briefly, Damon is exiled from Mystic Falls by his mother and has to live with Alaric.
- How is Alaric? “He’s not great in that way that he’s making some clearly questionable decisions. He’s dabbling in the occult in ways that maybe he shouldn’t be.” While he wants to find some way to reach his dead wife, that’s no longer possible since the Other Side doesn’t exist.
- “They really, really found a deep friendship with each other, which is surprising, considering how little respect they had for each other leading up to that situation,” Plec said of Bonnie and Damon. “Now, they still have that, but there’s this underlying resentment on both sides.”
- Expect to see Damon making jokes about Bonnie choking while she feels guilty that she’s living her life and Elena is not. If Damon and Bonnie’s friendship is “going to stay on track,” they need to work out their issues.
- Caroline is trying to “regain control of her life.”
- While Stefan told Caroline he’d wait for her, “he’s becoming harder and harder to resist.”
- “Caroline’s going to go through a lot this season that I’m not even going to attempt to spoil but it’s going to be a pretty massive, massive storyline that will be pretty bananas, but awesome.”
The Vampire Diaries Interview: Kat Graham on Bonnie’s State of Mind and Dealing with Damon Issues>>>
The Vampire Diaries season 7 premieres Thursday, October 8 at 8pm on the CW.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)