How did Once Upon a Time manage to keep Merida’s appearance a secret like they did? How long will Camelot be part of the season? What happens next for Henry after breaking the quill? BuddyTV was at San Diego Comic-Con to find that out and more from executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis.
Princess Merida from Brave Is Coming to Once Upon a Time Season 5>>>
Watch the video interview with Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis:
Here are the highlights:
- Merida is not Rumple’s mother. They put out fake sides in order to keep that character a secret. It was the only way to throw the press and fans off.
- They do want to tell the story of Rumple’s mother, but it won’t be with Merida.
- “Henry broke it in a way to say ‘I’m not going to fall into the same temptation, because the idea is for the author to record,” Kitsis said of the quill.
- According to Horowitz, “Very quickly in the season, you’ll see Henry having some serious doubts about what he did with that quill and what he can do as the author.”
- Is Merlin good? Kitsis said that he was presented to him “as the opposite of the Dark One.
- With Emma the Dark Swain, Kitsis said that “it’s really focused everything back on our characters again. It has this season 1 vibe of Regina and Emma again and everyone dealing with an internal crisis as opposed to the last couple of seasons which has been an external crisis.”
- While Camelot plays a part in the first half of the season, the first half isn’t about Camelot. “The first half is about is about a family in crisis,” Horowitz explained. “It’s about Emma and her loved ones and her family and how they’re going to deal with what she’s going through and how that affects her and the town.”
Once Upon a Time Interview: Lana Parrilla on Regina Becoming the Savior>>>
Once Upon a Time season 5 premieres Sunday, September 27 at 8pm on ABC.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)