On The 100, Abby’s never seemed to think the rules apply to her. She’s done whatever she thought was best whether it was technically legal or not. Her decision to help Bellamy and Finn leave to search for Clarke and the others led her to be physically punished. Despite her rule breaking ways, Kane named her Chancellor in his absence. That role is going to be a big change for her.
The 100’s Bob Morley and Ricky Whittle on Fighting Internal Monsters and Cost of Peace
BuddyTV visited the Vancouver set of The 100 with a group of reporters and sat down with Paige Turco to discuss Abby’s new role as Chancellor, the search for Clarke and the charges the Arkers will make now that they are on the ground.
Check out the video interview with Paige Turco and highlights below
Highlights from the interview:
- Abby didn’t want to be Chancellor.
- She’s a doctor and there will be some conflict between that role and that of being Chancellor. Someone has to do it though. She has to own the power and learn to act in ways she wasn’t able to do on the Ark.
- It’s not about doing harm, but she will have to make decisions which could put people in harm’s way.
- Logistically, she has guards around her, so she doesn’t have the same freedoms.
- Rules and choses made on Earth is different than on the Ark. They are starting to determine what they need to do now.
- She’s closer to finding her daughter, but that makes it more intense. There’s tension, but excitement about finding Clarke.
- Abby will do just about anything to find Clarke. It’s the most important for her.
- The adults are changing on the ground just like happened with the kids. Abby finds her heart and moral center growing stronger.
The 100 airs Wednesdays at 9pm ET on the CW.
(Image courtesy of the CW / Video: Carla Day)