Detective Joe West went from not believing Barry’s version of what happened to his mother to being forced to recognize there are Metahumans out there. The detective’s life is turned upside down now that he has to keep this secret from his daughter and his partner.
BuddyTV visited The Flash set with a group of reporters and interviewed Jesse L. Martin on the police headquarters set. He discussed West’s concern for both Barry and Iris, thoughts on Wells, and the detective’s lone ranger status.
Check out the video interview with Jesse L. Martin and highlights below.
Highlights from the interview:
- West is worried about Barry, but understands he can’t stop him.
- If anyone is going to stop the Metas, it’s going to be Barry. The Flash is the only Meta that West can trust.
- West isn’t sure about Wells and also is a little jealous about the relationship between the scientist and Barry.
- West doesn’t fit in with the others. He’s a lone ranger who has to keep this secret from his own partner. He also doesn’t know what’s going on in Star Labs, but has to trust them because they are best equipped to handle the Metas.
- West doesn’t sleep much with work and trying to get Barry’s father free. It’s the “Scooby-Doo Gang” working to free him, including West, Barry and the Star Labs group.
- On Iris’ blog about the Red Streak, “He thinks it’s a bad idea.” She puts herself right in the middle and “it’s bad.”
The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8pm ET on the CW.
(Image/Video: Carla Day)